We also provide employees the opportunity to directly support these causes and other charitable organizations by participating in volunteer activities, fundraising events and personal service toward organizations.
Mosaic's focus areas are Food, Water and Local Community Investments:
To feed a growing global population, food production will have to double by 2050—a daunting challenge considering that today, one billion people go to bed hungry each night. We seek to address these issues by concentrating on the following funding areas:
- Hunger, food insecurity and food system development
- Global agricultural development programs focused on smallholder farmers in developing nations
- Agricultural research, education and extension programs
Water is the greatest limiting factor to growing more food. By 2030, it is estimated that the world will experience a 30 percent shortfall in freshwater supply at current consumption rates. We seek to address water conservation by concentrating on the following funding areas:
- Habitat conservation
- Nutrient stewardship and ecosystem management programs
- Watershed restoration in regions where we have facilities and offices
Our local communities are our homes and we have a vested interest in their sustainability. Mosaic strives to make investments that will protect and enhance the long term quality of life in our communities for our neighbors, our families and ourselves. We concentrate funding in the following areas:
- Philanthropic or civic partnerships
- Organizations in which our employees are donating their time, talent and expertise
Mosaic also provides employees the opportunity to directly support these causes and other charitable organizations by participating in fundraising events and or by providing personal service toward operating activities.