Facts About The Mosaic Company
Company and Operations
- Mosaic is the world’s largest combined producer of potash and phosphates, two vital plant nutrients.
- We’ve been a publicly traded company since 2004 (NYSE: MOS), and today we are a Fortune 500 company.
- We have 22.2 million tonnes of operational capacity for finished concentrated phosphate and potash production.
- We are the largest producer of finished concentrated phosphates in the world with 11.7 million tonnes of operational capacity.
- We are among the world’s largest producers of potash with 10.5 million tonnes of operational capacity.
- We have about 9,000 people working to serve agricultural customers in approximately 40 countries around the world.
- We ended 2015 with the lowest annual recordable injury frequency rate in our history—an improvement of 14% over 2014. Our largest centers of operation are in Central Florida, where we mine and process phosphates, and in Saskatchewan, where we produce potash. Our headquarters are in Plymouth, Minnesota.
- As of December 31, 2015, we have $3 billion in expansion projects underway to increase our mining and production capacity—including the world’s largest mine shaft project at our Esterhazy K3 mine.
- We are growing globally with a joint venture in Saudi Arabia and another in Peru, and we completed distribution acquisition in Brazil and Paraguay.
- We’ve created powerful leverage for long-term success through $12 billion in capital commitments since 2013─including acquisitions, capacity expansion and shareholder distributions.
Sustainability and Social Responsibility
- We’re responsible corporate citizens. We keep our promises from mine to market. View awards and recognition for our efforts.
- We are targeting to reduce freshwater use, energy use, and greenhouse gas emissions by 10 percent by 2020.
- We support and promote the 4R Nutrient Stewardship framework to achieve the agricultural benefits of fertilizer and reduce crop nutrient loss to the environment.
- We conduct more than 500 crop nutrition research and development trials with researchers, universities and growers in the United States, Canada, Brazil, China, India, Northern Latin America (Mexico to Peru), Argentina and Chile.
- We conduct acre-for-acre reclamation of phosphate mined lands for use by wildlife and people.
The Mosaic Company, The Mosaic Company Foundation and The Mosaic Institute in Brazil invests 1% of profits on a three-year rolling average to food, water and local community partners and initiatives.