At Mosaic, we know that our ongoing commitment to sustainability is critical to our long-term business growth and improvement, and that it creates value for all of our stakeholders. Every action we take contributes to our ability to operate a responsible and competitive company over the long term, and Mosaic’s employees play a leading role in reaching our goals
-- Joc O’Rourke, President and CEO
2015 Sustainability Performance Highlights
- Achieved a recordable injury frequency rate of 0.88, lowest in company history
- Earned the highest-possible grade of “A” for climate performance in our annual disclosure to investors through CDP
- Saved 1.1 million gigajoules of electricity through continuous energy improvements companywide—enough to power about 27,000 homes
- Recycled more than 29,000 tonnes of waste
- Planted 1.2 million trees during acre-for-acre Florida phosphate mined land reclamation
- Invested $16 million in food, water and local programs and partnerships in the communities where Mosaic operates
- Named to Corporate Responsibility Magazine’s 100 Best Corporate Citizens list—for 6th consecutive year
Employees Make the Difference
Mosaic took an important step forward in 2015 by announcing three measurable 2020 Environmental Targets—by 2020, to reduce by 10 percent per product tonne our freshwater and energy use, and greenhouse gas emissions.
Achieving these targets requires companywide support, and leadership at every level of the organization. To accelerate learning and performance, we are actively sharing innovations and best practices across our sites and business segments. Our goal is to help employees learn how their work impacts Mosaic’s progress and encourage collaboration as we strive for excellence.